We are pleased to announce that Sony Corporation has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
This award goes to companies that make values-based decisions and demonstrate an overall commitment to integrity. The evaluation process includes more than 200 questions on culture, environmental and social practices, ethics and compliance activities, governance, diversity and initiatives to support a strong value chain.
In 2021, the Ethisphere Institute expanded its assessment to evaluate how applicants are adapting and responding to the global health pandemic. Issues related to environmental, social and governance factors, safety, equity and social justice were also included in the assessment.
Read Sony Corporation’s press release here.
This year, in particular, it’s so rewarding to be recognized for the good that we, as a company, have been doing in our business and within the communities we serve, especially during very tough challenges presented in 2020. Some of the key initiatives that helped lead us to yet another year of being named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, include:
Some of the key initiatives that contributed to this award:
- Sony’s ethics and compliance programs.
- Training for managers to foster a “speak-up” culture where employees feel comfortable raising concerns.
- Diversity as one of our core values. Employees from diverse backgrounds are recruited, hired, trained and promoted throughout the Sony Group as an important management strategy.
- Support COVID-19 relief efforts by establishing the Sony Global Relief Fund for COVID-19 and One Sony donations.
- Global Social Justice Fund to support initiatives that promote social justice, anti-racism initiatives and the advancement of diversity and equality both inside and outside the company
As part of this news, we will be updating the banner in the email signature to include the World’s Most Ethical Companies award in it.