2. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text-only strings of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk. Therefore the website can remember who you are.
Cookies enable a website to arrange content matching to your preferred interests. Cookies alone cannot be used to identify you and are widely used by websites.
Typically a cookie contains the domain from which the cookie has come; the “lifetime” of the cookie and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
There are two general types of cookies which are used on this website:
- Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies and remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). See point 3.
3. How our cookies are applied
In general we are using internet technologies (e.g. cookies, Java-Script) to make the navigation on the Sony DADC applications easier and to optimize the content and information provided.
- This site is using session-cookies to hold your current session active.
- We are using cookies for data analyses. With this, we can identify how e.g. our forms are accepted, how many visits the site has or which sites are visited frequently.
This website is using Google web-analyses tools. For more information therefore, please visit our Legal Notice.
4. What types of cookies are used?
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies used:
|Name of cookie||Purpose for the cookie|
|PHPSESSID||This is a session cookie for PHP which does not store any user related information.|
|ns-cowe-prod||This is a session cookie for persistence reasons and does not store any user related information.|
|current culture||This is a session cookie to adapt the language to your setting.|
|Referrer||This is a session cookie, showing how you found our careers page.|
|be_typo_user||This cookie is necessary for Sony DADC’s backend authentication and does not store any user related data.|
|Consent||This cookie remembers your consent to the cookie disclaimer.|
|CSRF Protection||This session cookie mitigates CSRF.|
|ASP.NET||This session cookie stores a unique identifier for your session.|
|ns-b2b||This is a session cookie for persistence reasons and does not store any user related information.|
5. Cookie Management
In the options of your web browser you can manage the usage of cookies.
Generally the browser offers the following setting:
- view cookies
- accept cookies
- deactivate all/designated cookies
- deactivate all cookies when closing the browser
- block cookies
- note when setting new cookies
- contradiction of tracking web analysis
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org
By blocking our cookies by your browser, you might not be able to use certain parts of our website, respectively some or all functions mentioned in point 2.0 might not work properly. By setting the option “Delete all cookies” in your browser, all browser pre-sets will be deleted when closing the browser.