Reports to: Manager, Facilities
Under direction of the Supervisor, or Group Leader be responsible for carrying out maintenance and troubleshooting of a major and minor nature in all areas of the facility on any equipment, processes, or systems. Be capable of performing overhaul, retrofit, modifications, and design activities on all equipment assigned. Train subordinates.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of automated equipment throughout the facility including Pallet wrappers, Shanklin machines, Heat tunnels, Dorner Sortation, Conveyors.
- Be proficient on all equipment assigned. Must be highly skilled in the use of electrical and mechanical hand-powered tools and equipment. Must be highly proficient in pneumatics and electrical systems.
- Support the installation of new equipment including computer cables, electric, water, and air handling equipment.
- Ensure that work performed is of an acceptable quality.
- Relieve other personnel for breaks and lunch, when required and directed.
- Prepare and maintain all required logs, records, and reports.
- Instruct and train new employees when/where applicable.
- Notify all concerned personnel of any safety hazards connected with work being performed.
- Ability to interpret simple to complex blueprints and schematics.
- Comply with Supervisor’s or Group Leader’s instructions during periods of downtime and emergencies.
- Perform other duties not specifically included and work in any area designated by Supervision, provided it is within the general scope of the job.
- Maintain good housekeeping and work in a safe and orderly manner at all times. Wear protective equipment as provided and recommended. Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Education / Experience
High School Diploma required and 3 years experience preferred.
- Mechanical skills required
- PLC’s troubleshooting