Sony DADC is the integrated provider of end-to-end supply chain solutions to our customers across many industries including entertainment, consumer electronics, education, marketing and more. We are a global developer and provider of Blu-ray, BD-Live and Digital Distribution. We are a world class manufacturer and distributor of optical media operations.
Sony DADC Bolingbrook, located in Bolingbrook, IL has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Coordinator. This is an opportunity for an individual contributor with strong organizational and analytical skills to perform the day to day activities of HR. The ideal candidate is a skilled and self-motivated individual with a proven history of delivering results in a fast paced environment. This individual must have the capability to perform HR responsibilities that will support organizational goals and business needs.
Overall responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Assist HR team with administration and execution in the following areas: talent management including recruitment, HRIS system management (Workday), employee training, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, time and attendance systems (Kronos).
- Maintain employee files and HR filing system.
- Time and Attendance management as well as maintain hourly Attendance Points System.
- Process weekly payroll per rotating schedule and run Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reports and distribute to internal and external parties.
- Assist with employee training such as Conduct New Employee Orientations, Conduct Compliance and Development Training.
- Assist with investigations and employee relations.
- Administer company communication with employees through employee bulletin board, site newsletter, etc.
- FMLA and Workers Comp management including assisting with the administration and maintenance of workers comp files/cases, maintain WC logs, first report of injury reporting and FMLA tracking.
- Proximity badge maintenance – creating, activating and issuing badges.
- Assist in administering employee events, training, anniversary celebrations, etc.
- Protect interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and all applicable employment standards and legislation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or HR related experience.
- Experience with Workday HRIS system and Kronos time management preferred.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in HR.
- Fundamental understanding of employment laws, compensation and benefits, employee relations and training and development.
- Must be able to interact with all levels and build strong and solid relationships.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours, i.e., afternoons/evenings when necessary.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Tuition reimbursement